This develops the education and training of the Foundation Certificate with its competencies. It has an emphasis on Youth and Christian Education.
- Communicate clearly at the appropriate level for the audience.
- Express one’s own ideas in writing.
- Be able to plan and organize effectively.
- Lead groups giving clear directions and encouraging team members.
- Develop creativity and free expression.
- Develop a personal philosophy of children’s and/or youth ministry.
- Be able to lead a children’s or youth ministry.
- Acquire the skills and abilities needed to implement a children’s or youth ministry in a local church.
- Understand human development and apply that knowledge to planning children’s and youth activities.
- Appreciate the cultural, legal and contextual issues that affect ministry with young people.
- Be equipped to resolve conflicts harmoniously.
- Analyze problems and provide appropriate solutions.