Admission to the European Theological Seminary as an undergraduate student is based on several factors: the fulfillment of academic prerequisites, commitment to Christian ministry, spiritual maturity necessary for Christian ministry training, and evidence of financial support. Eligibility for admission is therefore dependent on the following considerations:
- For those seeking enrollment at the seminary, the personal experience of the spiritual new birth (John 3) is necessary; the experience of the baptism in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2) is desired. Evidence of calling and spiritual maturity will be assessed on the basis of the applicant’s personal testimony, experiences in the local church and ministry, and through recommendations furnished by pastors and other qualified individuals. The applicant is expected to be in agreement with the theological commitments of the seminary.
- In compliance with the standards of the European Evangelical Accrediting Association, applicants need to provide evidence of twelve years of schooling, which may include professional training. The applicant should normally be between the ages of 18 and 35. All applicants must be proficient in either English or German (speaking, reading, and writing). Interviews with the administrative staff may be required by the seminary or requested by the student. If possible, a personal interview with the President or the Academic Dean should be arranged.
- Guarantee of the applicant’s ability to meet his/her financial obligations with the seminary must be established before acceptance. Written affidavits of support must be presented. Financial sponsorship by the sending church is encouraged. However, regardless of the source of sponsorship, responsibility for the payment of all school fees ultimately rests with the individual student.
- Foreign applicants (except citizens of the EU) must be given a permit of residence for studying at ETS before leaving his/her home country. EU citizens may apply for a permit after arrival at ETS.
The following documents should be included with the application forms and should be received by ETS two months prior to the beginning of school:
- A handwritten personal statement (300-500 words) of purpose for seeking admission to ETS including a brief life history.
- At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to ETS: one from an employer or from a person who knows the applicant well (co-worker, teacher, etc.), and the other from the applicant’s pastor. The reference from the pastor should include his/her personal recommendation of the applicant’s intention to attend ETS, a statement about the applicant’s faithfulness to his/her local church, and the pastor’s perception of the applicant’s divine call to ministry.
- Certified copies of graduation certificates and/or final grades from all secondary and/or professional schools the applicant attended. All certified copies of the attended schools must be included.
- Medical report on applicant’s condition of health, not older than six months.
- A non-refundable deposit of €50.– must be submitted with the application.
- Two current passport-size photos of the applicant.
- A copy of your passport or ID.
Your signature on the application form is regarded as agreement with and acceptance of the following:
- To prepare for Christian ministry within the Evangelical, Pentecostal context of the seminary’s doctrinal commitments.
- To accept and abide by school policies and regulations as stated in the catalog and student handbook.
- To cooperate with fellow students, faculty, and staff in an attitude of mutual submission for the good of the ETS community.
- To accept the financial policy of ETS as binding and to accept personal responsibility for payment of all school fees.